By Jason Hilbourne.
Following the success of the 2018 let’s make Reading friendlier conference, Reading Voluntary Action (RVA ) has arranged the first befriending forum event of 2019 for Tuesday 19 February from 12.30pm until 4.15pm at the third floor community hub in Reading Central Library.
The forum’s agenda includes:
- a presentation from the Jo Cox Foundation,
- a workshop by the Jo Cox Foundation on how to organise a street party,
- an Reading Borough Council and RVA workshop on finding out what’s on in Reading,
- exploring a common volunteer training programme,
- an update on the Ready Friends project
The event is for anyone from local communities, groups and organisations interested in helping reduce loneliness and social isolation in Reading.
This article was originally published by the Reading Neighbourhood Network.
- Reading Neighbourhood Network
- Befriending Forum 2019 – save the date
- Reading Voluntary Action
- Jo Cox Foundation