Reading Borough Council is advertising for expressions of interest from community groups to bid for the north wall and mural of the former Central Club on London Street.
The mural was listed as an asset of community value (ACV) in December 2017 for “Furthering the social wellbeing or social interests of the local community”. An ACV application was also made for the club itself but this was refused as:
The former Central Club has been closed and has not had an active community use for the past 11 years. This length of time is beyond what could be considered to be within the recent past.
Both applications were made by Aspire (Reading) CIC, one of the unsuccessful bidders for the club last year.
Interested community groups must respond by 10 April 2018 to:
Head of Planning,
Reading Borough Council,
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of intention to dispose of North Wall & Mural of the Central Club
- Reading Borough Council public registers including list of assets of community value
- List of assets of community value
- List of unsuccessful applications for assets of community value
- Debate on Central Club and Black History Mural
- Council start to clean and survey ‘black history’ mural
- ‘Black History’ mural becomes and asset of community value