Two applications with the potential to change the face of Silver Street in Katesgrove will be decided at the Reading Borough Council’s planning applications committee on Wednesday 19 July.
79 Silver Street
An earlier application (161805) to demolish and redevelop the site at 79 Silver Street as student accommodation was refused in March. A new application (170685) was submitted which aimed to address the reasons given for refusal which included:
- an overbearing bulk that dominated the terrace houses on Mount Pleasant,
- a lack of parking facilities that would result in congestion on a busy road,
- inadequate waste collection facilities,
- damage to nearby trees.
The recommendation to the committee from the planning officer is to grant this application subject to landscape concerns being addressed.
13-21 Crown Street and 22 Silver Street
This large corner plot is proposed (170794) for redevelopment by Thomas Homes as 80 flats, some of which will be affordable. The recommendation to the committee from the planning officer is to grant this application.
- Planning Applications Committee 19 July – papers
- Silver Street student development rejected
- Thomas Homes to develop site on Crown Street and Silver Street