There is a TO LET sign up for the ground floor of the Wellington Arms, and refurbishment of the pub looks almost complete.
- A1: shops, retail warehouses, hairdressers, undertakers, travel and ticket agencies, post offices, pet shops, sandwich bars, showrooms, domestic hire shops, dry cleaners, funeral directors and internet cafés.
- A2: financial services such as banks and building societies, professional services (other than health and medical) including estate and employment agencies. It does not include betting offices or pay day loan shops.
- A3: for the sale of food and drink for consumption on the premises.
- A4: public houses, wine bars or other drinking establishments (but not night clubs).
Planning permission was given in 2014 for conversion of the former local pub to flats (140150).
The Whitley Pump would like to know what its readers would like to see there, and maybe what you don’t want to see!
- Planning application 170150 – Wellington Arms 70-72 Whitley Street
- Haslams 70-72 Whitley Street
- Planning Portal – use classes
- Work restarts on old Wellington Arms building