Developers who wish to demolish the Woodley Arms and replace it by a block of student flats have appealed to the Planning Inspectorate against Reading Borough Council’s refusal to allow planning permission. This is the second appeal in relation to development on this site.
In July 2016 the Planning Applications committee refused the latest plans (160558 ) for 40 studio student apartments. That application had been in response to an earlier application (150134) which had also gone to appeal, but had been declined by the Planning Inspectorate.
The pub has been closed for some time and approval was given for conversion to four flats (140524) in July 2014.
Written representations in relation to the appeal can be made:
The Planning Inspectorate
3/P, Temple Quay House
2 The Square
quoting the appeal reference APP/E0345/W/16/3162984.
All representations must be received by 7 March 2017.
- Planning Application 160558
- Planning Application 150134
- Woodley Arms planning appeal
- Planning Inspectorate
- Guidance on taking part in planning appeals
- Woodley Arms redevelopment refused again
- The past, present and unknown future of the Woodley Arms