Overall levels of reported crime in Whitley have not changed between the 12 months ending November 2015 and the 12 months ending November 2016, according to crime statistics released by the Home Office.
There is a Whitley neighbourhood action group (NAG) meeting on Thursday 26 January at 7pm at the South Reading Youth and Community Centre on Northumberland Avenue. Anybody interested in crime, environmental or community issues in Whitley is welcome to attend.
This table shows the same data as the graph, with a total at the bottom.
|Category||December 2013 to November 2014||December 2014 to November 2015||December 2015 to November 2016||% change between November 2014 and November 2015||% change between November 2015 and November 2016|
|Anti social behaviour||276||283||292||3||3|
|Criminal damage arson||139||140||162||1||16|
|Theft from the person||17||18||25||6||39|
|Possession of weapons||4||7||9||75||29|
Notes about the data.
- Data is sourced from data.police.uk who say this data is subject to alteration, and locations are approximated.
- Minor discrepancies in per-area totals between the police mapping tool and that shown here are usually because a crimes anonymised location is given as the middle of a public road forming the boundary between two areas.
- Changes in crime numbers may be artefactual; a change in category definitions or reporting protocols, for example.
- Data may be released with more than a months delay. The data shown here is the most recently released at the time of publication.
- Police neighbourhood boundaries may change each month and are not the same as ward boundaries. This article uses the more stable ward boundaries.