Details on the proposed remodelling of Reading’s children’s centres will be publicised at events held across the town until the beginning of March.
The advisory board for each of Reading’s children’s centre ‘clusters’ have arranged a two hour public meeting to allow participation in the process. This includes the south cluster (Whitley) and the east cluster (Katesgrove).
Jan Gavin, Reading Borough Council’s lead councillor for children’s services and families, has said:
I am committed to attending as many additional meetings organised by each advisory board as my diary permits.
In south Reading, consultation events will be held at:
- Surestart Whitley Children’s Centre, 252 Northumberland Avenue, RG2 7QA on Thursday 16 February from 10am to 12pm.
- Katesgrove Children’s Centre, Elgar Road, RG2 0BN on Wednesday 1 March from 10am until 12pm.
- Remodelling of Reading children’s centres consultation
- Closure of Reading Children’s centres ‘heartbreaking’
- Surestart Whitley
- East Reading Children’s Centres