Two important local applications will be presented at the Planning Applications Committee on the evening of Wednesday 20 July 2016.
It is not the first time that either site has been considered by the committee and many interested parties will be familiar with the applications.
A large development of 84 assisted living units (160868) is planned for the corner of Silver Street and Crown Street (pictured left). The site has been derelict for some time. This is a resubmission of a previous application (151702) which was deferred at the 6 April 2016 planning applications committee.
The Woodley Arms (pictured right) development of 40 student studio apartments (160558) was deferred at the 29 June planning applications committee pending a site visit by committee members. The visit took place on Thursday 14 July.
There are other major applications at this meeting including:
- 161211, 161079, 161080 about using Reading Prison as a temporary event space from 1 August to 11 November 2016 as part of Reading Year of Culture.
- 152277 about building 43 care apartments at the former Arthur Clark Home in Caversham. Local organisations and residents have raised strong objections to this development.
The meeting will take place at 6.30 pm on Wednesday 20 July, in the Council Chamber at the Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Reading, RG1 2LU.
The meeting is expected to be webcast.
- Planning Applications Committee 20 July 2016
- Reading Borough Council webcasts
- The past, present and unknown future of the Woodley Arms
- Changes to proposed development on Silver Street