The extension works at Milman Road Health Centre started in November 2015 are now expected to continue until the end of August 2016.
“Our original end date was 30 June, but as you can see, we are nowhere near that,” said Anne-Marie Dykes, senior manager at the health centre.
“Our contractors accidentally cut through a three phase electricity mains cable in December because the drawings Scottish and Southern Electric (SSE) gave us were incorrect. It took two months for SSE to relocate the cable during which time our contractors couldn’t do anything.”
“We’re now looking at the end of August, which is a much more definite time line. We want it all finished as much as local residents do! It’s been hard for us all, but by the end of it we’ll have a lovely health centre and a couple more parking spaces for patients.”
- Milman Road Health Centre extension works may last until June 2016
- Planning application 150747 : Milman Road Health Centre
- Planning application 160562 & 160563 : 50 Milman Road
- Milman Road health centre illuminations switched on
- Chaos at Milman Road Health Centre